As Big Fin SEO continues to grow, we are continually working with larger businesses that need new ways to stand out online. Some of the strategies we’ve been employing as of late include content that provides a more in-depth look at how businesses operate, work with customers, and even support their communities.
Google is continuing to evolve and rewarding businesses that focus on providing transparency as well as expertise, authority, and trust. So the question is, “What are you doing as a brand to stand out?”. Google is all about generating the best, most reliable search results based on factors they can measure. This means that companies have to develop strategies to stand out as experts.
Being effective from an SEO perspective means that you are thinking strategically about your search engine optimization program and plan. Here are 5 things you should be considering as your SEO plan evolves:
- Content is still king. Having a well-defined content calendar and a team to both develop and promote your content is essential. In fact, it should be the primary driver of your marketing program.
- Optimize your content. Creating content, even if it’s aligned with your area of expertise, just isn’t enough. Keyword research, technical SEO, and on-page optimization are still required for organic success.
- Stay consistent. Success isn’t seen overnight. The best thing you can do to stand out on the web is to take a long-term approach to success. Stay consistent by developing meaningful content on the regular. Stay with it and you’ll see success.
- Be creative. Most people are looking for things out of the ordinary. That means creating blog posts on the same old topic over and over probably won’t get the job done. Instead, do something different for your audience and encourage engagement.
- Recruit a team. Having a presence online via your website, social media, youtube, etc. is a lot to handle. Trying to do it all on your own will rarely end in success. Instead, think about recruiting a team that can support your efforts.
Looking good online doesn’t have to be complicated but it does require work. Whether you’re hiring an agency, a freelancer, or a friend to help your company look good online, having a strong organic presence is vital for your brand.
The best place to start any SEO program is with a well-defined strategy. Take the time to set some goals, a timeline, and a plan for implementation.